22.11.06

"Vizikahn's Paradox"

http://whywontgodhealamputees.com/forum/index.php?topic=3199.0

For some christians, Hell means the absence of god. Or in other words, if you are not god's friend, you are in hell already. To make things complicated, god has given you free will, so that you can choose what you do. If you choose god, you are in heaven; if you don't choose god, you are in hell.

Here's the problem. I toss a coin and say: "If it's tails, I choose hell. If it's heads, I choose heaven. God, if you exist, use this coin to tell me what you want me to do."

I toss the coin and the coin tells me to choose hell. So, I will choose hell and I believe god told me to choose it. I believe that it is my fate to go to hell and I am happy. Am I in hell or not? Did I choose god or not?

To make things more complicated, let's assume I have a neurological condiction called aboulia, which means that I am unable to make decisions. In other words, god has given me a disease that means I can't choose god. Am I in hell now?

How christians answer to this?

The christian assumption is that god exists and there is no doubt about it. Therefore, the only choices I have are: be god's friend or not be his friend. The first assumption is not questioned at all from a christian perspective.

The first assumption is wrong, of course, but that is not the point here. It's all about if I choose to be his friend or not, when I say: "If you exist, make me your friend."

When I flip a coin, I don't choose what I do myself. Does that make me god's "real" friend?
When I flip a coin, I let fate decide if I am his friend or not. Is god the same as fate?
When I flip a coin, god has to make a decision. Is he fate or is he not?
When I flip a coin and it says "don't be gods friend", is it god who tells me not to be his friend?
If I MUST flip a coin because of aboulia, is it god who told me to test him?

It's all very confusing... if you are a christian, that is. :)


Quote from: kcrady on November 18, 2006, 11:05:14 PM
2. The ninth chapter of the Book of Romans clearly states that God creates some people specifically to hate (e.g. Esau) and to punish so he can show off his wrath and his power. In answer to the question of how this can be just, the Apostle Paul replies, "Who are you, a human, to argue with God?" Therefore, a negative answer could just prove you're one of God's punching bags. Thus, Vizikahn's Paradox only applies to Christians who think God loves everybody and wants to save them all.


Yeah, god creates his own enemies, so he has also created all the logical impossibilities that disprove him. This also means that it does not matter what we do, because god has created everything this way. "I'm an atheist? It's in god's plan! He wants me to be his enemy! He wants me to go to hell, blame him!"

No comments: